This post may contain affiliate links of products I recommend at no additional cost to you. Read about my affiliate policy here.
Powerful laundry cleaning without powerful Chemicals
Are you a DIY kind of person? If so, this ones for you! There is zero need for chemicals to get powerful stain removal. Every chemical we lay down on our floors, counters AND clothing has an effect on our health. Why not make a powerful yet chemical free stain stick? The powerful essential oils of Clove, Cinnamon, Lemon, Eucalyptus and Rosemary (in Thieves laundry detergent) is fabulous for breaking down the enzymes in a stain that normally make them difficult to remove. The “bump” of extra power with more Lemon oil makes this especially effective.
Grab your saucepan and let’s get started!
DIY stain sticks with natural ingredients:
Mix together in a saucepan:
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- Add 1/3 cup of washing soda
- Shave 1 bar solid unscented castile soap into small pieces and add to other ingredients
- Pour in 1/3 cup powdered washing soda
After heating all of the above on low until all soap pieces are melted–remove from heat and add in:
- ½ cup Thieves® Laundry Soap
- 4 drops Lemon essential oil
Mix everything together and get ready for the fun part 😀 :
- Let all cool enough that you can pour the mixture into a Ziplock bag without melting it
- Cut the corner on the Ziplock and squeeze your mixture into your empty deodorant and lip balm (stain stick) containers.
- Once cooled, add lids to your containers and your are set!
- Dampen your stain stick slightly with a wet cloth prior to each use to help it spread more evenly over the fabric prior to washing.
- Wash as usual
Your stain stick can be used on furniture, car upholstery, carpet…anywhere you need to remove stains. Remember, with any new product, it’s a good idea to do a test spot first.
Grab these fun colored lip balm containers to use as stain sticks here
Powdered washing soda (with NO fragrance) here
And, check out how to get Thieves Laundry soap and Lemon oil wholesale OR retail here
Here’s a great video from Young Living for mixing up these great stain sticks: